I have been happily and unexpectedly honoured with a Liebster Award from my well-travelled blogging pal, TravelSan. Thank you San! It’s a really nice feeling being nominated by a blogging pal to receive this award. I do love being an armchair traveller on your amazing adventures and I am so pleased you enjoy hearing about my creative and gardening projects and my explorations of Nature’s wonders 🙂
What is a Liebster Award?
This award is for bloggers who are generally fairly new to the blogosphere to help get to know each other better. The fun thing about the Leibster Award is that when you receive it you then may nominate some people too – so in this way you share the love of good blogs you have discovered.
Here are San’s questions to me … and my replies –
1. Why did you start blogging?
Mainly as a new learning experience for 2014 – a New Year’s resolution I guess you could say.
2. What’s your favourite topic to write about?
Creativity – my own projects, the creativity of others, or the creativity of Mother Nature.
3. What advice can you give to other bloggers?
Travel the world on WordPress and talk to people by leaving comments – most people will talk back to you and often will repay your visit too.
4. What is your favourite way to spend a free afternoon?
Ha! What is a ‘free afternoon’?! A relaxing afternoon for me would be either wandering in the woods observing and photographing the beauties and intricacies of the natural world, or, on a ‘lazy’ afternoon I’d be pottering around and gardening in my back yard.
5. Can you share two or three of your favourite posts, either from your own blog or from a blog you like?
I decided to share three of my posts that I think help show what my blog is about.
6. What destination is top of your wish list?
I am not much of a traveller but I love to learn about the world through the eyes of others – amazing landscapes, nature, culture and history. There’s always a treasure trove of travel tales and images just waiting to be explored!
7. What’s your favourite season of the year and why?
That is a difficult question for me, but I am going to choose Autumn, by a whisker. I love the colours, the smell of the woods, the fabulous skies, the fruit-picking. Autumn always feels like a good time for starting something new too.
8. If you had to pick one country or place to stay in for the rest of your life, which would you choose and why?
There’s plenty of beautiful countryside in northern England to enjoy – hills and dales, rivers and lakes, nature and history in the landscape – that’ll do for me.
9. Give a tried and tested travel tip?
Read up on the place you’re going before you go and allow time in your trip to really absorb the experiences you encounter … and don’t forget your maps!
10. What can we watch out for on your blog in the next few months?
Crafting and creativity, nature and our family outdoor adventures, more of my backyard gardening – the things I love most 🙂
My Nominations for the Liebster Award
My nominations for the Liebster Award are three blogs from around the globe that I always enjoy.
Lumiscatter and I share a love of gardening and an interest in the natural world.
Mukhamani has a very life-affirming outlook on life. I love her photos of India too.
Wandering Iris finds some fabulous places to photograph and some great odd-ball images too.
Here are my questions for you:
1. What inspired you to start blogging?
2. Which seasoned bloggers have inspired you most?
3. What new things have you learned from blogging?
4. Do you have a helpful blogging tip to share with new bloggers? What is it?
5. Which do you prefer, home-made food or eating out?
6. If you could take a holiday anywhere in the world where would it be and why?
7. Can you choose your favourite post from your blog? What makes it special?
8. Can you share three posts you’ve enjoyed recently from blogs you follow?
9. Where would you prefer to live, in the city or the countryside?
10. Have you ever received a handmade gift or card? Why was it special?
I shall look forward to reading your replies 🙂
J Peggy Taylor